Sheriff's FAQs

How do I have the Sheriff's Office serve Civil Process for me? And what are the fees?

Civil Process can be mailed to or hand delivered to the Sheriff's Office, as well as e-mailed to our office. Please use the e-mail contact form here. Please call the Sheriff's Office at 719-655-2544 for the fees.

How do I obtain a copy of a report?

Contact the Office by phone.  A "Request for Report" form will need to be completed.  The fee is $5.00. $10.00 - $25.00  if the report includes photo's and/or requires additional research.

How do I determine what the status of my case is?

You may call the Deputy Sheriff who was assigned to your case by calling our office. If you are a Victim of a Crime you may contact our Victim's Advocate, Ellen E. Cox, by calling our office as well. If further information is needed, you may call the District Attorney at 719-589-3691.

What do I do if I need a Vehicle Inspection, Civil Stand-by or I need Fingerprinted for a new job?

VIN checks can be completed here at the Office with a fee of $5.00 per inspection.  Or you can call and we can arrange for a Deputy to do it our your residence with a fee of $10.00 per inspection. For a Civil Stand-by, call our office to arrange for a time,  Both parties will need to agree on the time.The fee  is $15.00 an hour. We charge $10.00 for a set of fingerprint cards. Please call for an appointment. Friday's are best.

What is the procedure to get a Concealed Weapons/Concealed Carry Permit?

You will need to bring your completed application to our office, along with a copy of your completed approved Handgun Training Course Certificate, as well as a photo I.D.and either a cashier's check or money order made payable to C.B.I (Colorado  Bureau of Investigation).  Once you are approved for the permit, we will contact you so arrangements can be made for you to pick-up your Concealed Carry Permit at our office. That fee is  $40.00, it can be cash or a personal check made payable to Saguache County Sheriff's Office.