The Treasurer Office will be closed to the public until further notice, effective immediately.
We are monitoring and following all guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including taking the steps necessary to reduce the threat of COVID-19 exposure to employees and the public.
- Tax payment- While everyone is doing their best to limit exposure throughout the day, I want to remind you that germs cannot be spread when payments are made online. Payments made from home do help
o Payment can be mailed with coupon to:
Saguache County Treasurer
P.O. Box 177
Saguache CO 81149
o Dropped off in the County 24/7 ballot drop off box located in the back-parking lot on the north side of the building- Please enclose payments with coupon in an envelope, use tape to seal envelopes (do not lick) and clearly mark “TREASURER” on the outside. We have attached some envelopes with our information printed to the box for your use.
- Release of Deed of Trustscan be electronically recorded or dropped in the 24/7 ballot box located in the back parking lot on the north side of the courthouse securely enclose all documents in a sealed (seal with tape, do not lick) envelope and clearly marked “TREASURER” on the outside. Recording of documents will be processed as soon as possible.
- Mobile Home Transfers will be processed upon the county building reopening to the public.
- Foreclosure Sales will proceed as scheduled, according to state statute. Sales will take place outside at 501 4th Street on the courthouse steps on their scheduled sale date, Thursdays at 10:00am.
- The Treasurer’s Office will continue to process and distribute tax payments as normal.
- The treasurer’s office will be available by email at:
or by telephone 719-655-2656