Road & Bridge Home
The Saguache County Road and Bridge office will be closed for training on September 4, 2014 and will reopen on Friday, September 5, 2014 at 8:00am. For emergencies please call 719-221-2709.
|HBP/ton||1/2 " chip/ton||Total|
|Dillon Contruction||$ 6.00||$ 12.00||$ 480,000.00|
|Elk Creek Sand and Gravel||$ 7.48||$ 13.50||$ 576,500.00|
|Colorado Crushing, Inc||$ 4.90||$ 6.90||$ 348,500.00||Winning Bid|
|Southway Construction||$ 3.83||$ 11.69||$ 366,850.00|
Winter Driving . . .
Driving conditions during Colorado’s winters vary on a daily and sometimes on an hourly basis. Be prepared at all times, especially during the winter months. Below are some safety tips before you get on the road.
Items you may consider carrying:
- Windshield cleaner
- Heavy duty scraper
- Snow brush
- Emergency blanket
- First aid kit
- Tire chains
- Nonperishable food
Know your vehicle; please consider not making any trips if your vehicle is in need of major repairs, however, if you must, make sure you plan out your route and let someone know when you head out on the road. You may also consider checking your vehicle’s tires have good tread and checking the road conditions and travel advisories prior to getting on the road,
Use extreme caution when driving and when on the road please consider the following:
- Let the snowplow drivers do their jobs by giving them extra room
- Slow down! Even roads that have been treated with liquid de-icers may be slippery
- Don’t use cruise control when traveling in winter conditions
- Slow down in winter weather, as driving too fast for conditions causes most accidents.
- Take a little extra time to clear your car of snow and ice before leaving for your destination.
- When driving at night, keep your headlight beams low. High beams can amplify the appearance of snow and lead to decreased visibility.
- Always wear your seatbelt.