Road & Bridge Home
SaguacheCounty Coyote Ear Bounty
Saguache County will be accepting coyote ears through January 30, 2014. The bounty paid per pair will be $5.00. Please turn in to The Saguache County Road and Bridge Department, 305 3rd Street in Saguache. For more information you can contact the Road Dept at 719-655-2554.
Winter Driving . . .
Driving conditions during Colorado’s winters vary on a daily and sometimes on an hourly basis. Be prepared at all times, especially during the winter months. Below are some safety tips before you get on the road.
Items you may consider carrying:
- Windshield cleaner
- Heavy duty scraper
- Snow brush
- Emergency blanket
- First aid kit
- Tire chains
- Nonperishable food
Know your vehicle; please consider not making any trips if your vehicle is in need of major repairs, however, if you must, make sure you plan out your route and let someone know when you head out on the road. You may also consider checking your vehicle’s tires have good tread and checking the road conditions and travel advisories prior to getting on the road,
Use extreme caution when driving and when on the road please consider the following:
- Let the snowplow drivers do their jobs by giving them extra room
- Slow down! Even roads that have been treated with liquid de-icers may be slippery
- Don’t use cruise control when traveling in winter conditions
- Slow down in winter weather, as driving too fast for conditions causes most accidents.
- Take a little extra time to clear your car of snow and ice before leaving for your destination.
- When driving at night, keep your headlight beams low. High beams can amplify the appearance of snow and lead to decreased visibility.
- Always wear your seatbelt.